Modern vehicles are more and more built with technology and although this brings us comfort, we sadly also undergo the cons. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Ford Expedition, let alone going near the fuses on it. Sadly, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will undoubtedly affect the comfort of your vehicle. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and specifically to locate the turn signal fuse on your Ford Expedition. To do this, first, we will see in which scenarios it may be relevant to change the turn indicator fuse on your Ford Expedition, then where is the turn signal fuse on Ford Expedition .
Why change blinker fuses on Ford Expedition?
So let’s start our content page on the location of theblinker fuse of your Ford Expedition by the interest of changing it. You may possibly feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In fact, if your turn signal does not work on Ford Expedition anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should note that a fuse acts as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Ford Expedition . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specified tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. In general, you will want to change the turn signal fuse of a Ford Expedition when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent cause .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Ford Expedition?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Ford Expedition is. The turn indicators are linked to some electronic elements and there may be some fuses linked to it on your car based on the year and options it has. Nevertheless, furthermore to the fuses, there is also a relay that handles the resolve operation of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you locate the fuse and turn signal relay on your Ford Expedition .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Ford Expedition
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Ford Expedition’s turn signs. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the manual of your Ford Expedition.
- Read the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the turn signal fuse(s) of your Ford Expedition , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Remove the turn signal fuse(s) attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them fails, replace it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your auto technician so that he can take a closer check out the cause of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your car, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Ford Expedition
Finally, we will now see how to check the status of the blinker relay in your car. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Ford Expedition, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the location of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is in most cases the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Ford Expedition, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you wish more guides on the Ford Expedition, go to our Ford Expedition category.