Modern cars are more and more furnished with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we sadly also go through the cons. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Dodge Ram, let alone going near the fuses on it. Regrettably, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will obviously effect the comfort of your vehicle. In this post, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to locate the turn signal fuse on your Dodge Ram. To get this done, first, we will find out in which circumstances it may be important to change the turn indicator fuse on your Dodge Ram, then where is the turn signal fuse on Dodge Ram .
Why replace blinker fuses on Dodge Ram?
So let’s start our article on the location of theblinker fuse of your Dodge Ram by the interest of changing it. You may feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Obviously, if your turn signal does not work on Dodge Ram anymore, if you have already verify that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should note that a fuse acts as a safety unit to prevent overvoltage on your Dodge Ram . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual verify. Generally, you will want to replace the turn signal fuse of a Dodge Ram when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent cause .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Dodge Ram?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Dodge Ram is. The turn indicators are linked to some electronic elements and there may be some fuses linked to it on your car based on the year and options it has. On the other hand, in addition to the fuses, there is also a relay that controls the solve operation of your air conditioning. We will one by one help you locate the fuse and turn signal relay on your Dodge Ram .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Dodge Ram
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Dodge Ram’s turn signs. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact position thanks to the manual of your Dodge Ram.
- Browse the manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the turn signal fuse(s) of your Dodge Ram , verify all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them fails, replace it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your technician so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your car, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Dodge Ram
Finally, we will now find out how to verify the status of the blinker relay in your car. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Dodge Ram, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the position of the turn signal relay, or verify your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is usually the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Dodge Ram, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to consult our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
To find more tips on the Dodge Ram, take a look at the Dodge Ram category.