Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well suffer the down sides. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Dodge Journey, let alone going near the fuses on it. Regrettably, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will inevitably effect the comfort of your car. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to locate the turn signal fuse on your Dodge Journey. To achieve this, first, we will see in which scenarios it might be relevant to change the turn indicator fuse on your Dodge Journey, then where is the turn signal fuse on Dodge Journey .
Why replace blinker fuses on Dodge Journey?
So let’s start our article on the location of theblinker fuse of your Dodge Journey by the benefit of changing it. You may possibly feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In actual fact, if your turn signal does not work on Dodge Journey anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should note that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Dodge Journey . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specified tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual check. Generally, you will want to replace the turn signal fuse of a Dodge Journey when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent reason .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Dodge Journey?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Dodge Journey is. The turn indicators are connected to some electronic components and there might be some fuses connected to it on your motor vehicle depending on the year and options it has. However, furthermore to the fuses, there is as well a relay that manages the correct operation of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you locate the fuse and turn signal relay on your Dodge Journey .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Dodge Journey
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Dodge Journey’s turn signals. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the manual of your Dodge Journey.
- Browse the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the turn signal fuse(s) of your Dodge Journey , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Remove the turn signal fuse(s) attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, replace it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the cause of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your motor vehicle, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Dodge Journey
Finally, we will now see how to check the status of the blinker relay in your motor vehicle. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Dodge Journey, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the location of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is usually the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Dodge Journey, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more tutorials on the Dodge Journey, go to our Dodge Journey category.