Modern cars are more and more furnished with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also suffer the disadvantages. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Dodge Challenger, let alone going near the fuses on it. Regrettably, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some features like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will inevitably impact the comfort of your vehicle. In this post, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to locate the turn signal fuse on your Dodge Challenger. To achieve this, first, we will see in which circumstances it may be important to change the turn indicator fuse on your Dodge Challenger, then where is the turn signal fuse on Dodge Challenger .
Why replace blinker fuses on Dodge Challenger?
So let’s start our content on the location of theblinker fuse of your Dodge Challenger by the benefit of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In fact, if your turn signal does not work on Dodge Challenger anymore, if you have already verify that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should consider that a fuse acts as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Dodge Challenger . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual verify. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the turn signal fuse of a Dodge Challenger when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Dodge Challenger?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Dodge Challenger is. The turn indicators are connected to several electronic components and there may be several fuses connected to it on your car depending on the year and options it has. Nevertheless, in addition to the fuses, there is also a relay that manages the correct operation of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you locate the fuse and turn signal relay on your Dodge Challenger .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Dodge Challenger
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Dodge Challenger’s turn signs. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the manual of your Dodge Challenger.
- Go through the manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the turn signal fuse(s) of your Dodge Challenger , verify all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) cautiously with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, replace it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your car, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Dodge Challenger
Finally, we will now see how to verify the status of the blinker relay in your car. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Dodge Challenger, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the location of the turn signal relay, or verify your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is usually the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Dodge Challenger, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Dodge Challenger, do not hesitate to consult our Dodge Challenger category.