Modern cars are more and more furnished with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we sadly also go through the cons. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Chevrolet Equinox, let alone going near the fuses on it. Regrettably, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some features like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will unavoidably impact the comfort of your vehicle. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and specifically to locate the turn signal fuse on your Chevrolet Equinox. To get this done, first, we will discover in which scenarios it may be important to change the turn indicator fuse on your Chevrolet Equinox, then where is the turn signal fuse on Chevrolet Equinox .
Why replace blinker fuses on Chevrolet Equinox?
So let’s start our content page on the location of theblinker fuse of your Chevrolet Equinox by the interest of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if your turn signal does not work on Chevrolet Equinox anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should note that a fuse acts as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Chevrolet Equinox . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specified tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. Generally, you will want to replace the turn signal fuse of a Chevrolet Equinox when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Chevrolet Equinox?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Chevrolet Equinox is. The turn indicators are linked to several electronic components and there may be several fuses linked to it on your car depending on the year and options it has. However, furthermore to the fuses, there is also a relay that handles the correct operation of your air conditioning. We will one after the other help you locate the fuse and turn signal relay on your Chevrolet Equinox .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Chevrolet Equinox
We will first focus on the internal fuses of your Chevrolet Equinox’s turn signals. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact position thanks to the manual of your Chevrolet Equinox.
- Read the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the turn signal fuse(s) of your Chevrolet Equinox , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) cautiously with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, change it with a new fuse. As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the cause of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your car, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Chevrolet Equinox
Finally, we will now discover how to check the status of the blinker relay in your car. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Chevrolet Equinox, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the position of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is usually the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Chevrolet Equinox, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To find more tips on the Chevrolet Equinox, take a look at the Chevrolet Equinox category.