Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we sadly as well go through the down sides. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our BMW X3, let alone going near the fuses on it. Unfortunately, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some features like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will undoubtedly effect the comfort of your vehicle. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and especially to locate the turn signal fuse on your BMW X3. To achieve this, first, we will see in which situations it might be important to change the turn indicator fuse on your BMW X3, then where is the turn signal fuse on BMW X3 .
Why change blinker fuses on BMW X3?
So let’s start our article on the location of theblinker fuse of your BMW X3 by the interest of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In fact, if your turn signal does not work on BMW X3 anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should note that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your BMW X3 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. In general, you will want to change the turn signal fuse of a BMW X3 when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the turn signal fuse on BMW X3?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your BMW X3 is. The turn indicators are connected to some electronic elements and there might be some fuses connected to it on your car depending on the year and options it has. However, furthermore to the fuses, there is as well a relay that controls the correct operation of your air conditioning. We will one after the other help you locate the fuse and turn signal relay on your BMW X3 .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your BMW X3
We will first look into the internal fuses of your BMW X3’s turn signals. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact position thanks to the manual of your BMW X3.
- Read the manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the turn signal fuse(s) of your BMW X3 , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Remove the turn signal fuse(s) carefully with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, replace it with a new fuse. As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your car, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your BMW X3
Finally, we will now see how to check the status of the blinker relay in your car. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your BMW X3, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the position of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is usually the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on BMW X3, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
To get more tips on the BMW X3, take a look at the BMW X3 category.