Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably as well go through the down sides. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our BMW X1, let alone going near the fuses on it. Sadly, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some features like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will inevitably affect the comfort of your car. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and specifically to discover the turn signal fuse on your BMW X1. To achieve this, first, we will discover in which situations it may be relevant to change the turn indicator fuse on your BMW X1, then where is the turn signal fuse on BMW X1 .
Why change blinker fuses on BMW X1?
So let’s start our article on the location of theblinker fuse of your BMW X1 by the benefit of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In actual fact, if your turn signal does not work on BMW X1 anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your BMW X1 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specified tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. Generally speaking, you will want to change the turn signal fuse of a BMW X1 when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the turn signal fuse on BMW X1?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your BMW X1 is. The turn indicators are linked to some electronic components and there may be some fuses linked to it on your motor vehicle based on the year and options it has. However, furthermore to the fuses, there is as well a relay that manages the correct operation of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you discover the fuse and turn signal relay on your BMW X1 .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your BMW X1
We will first focus on the internal fuses of your BMW X1’s turn signals. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact position thanks to the manual of your BMW X1.
- Browse the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the turn signal fuse(s) of your BMW X1 , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, change it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your technician so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your motor vehicle, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your BMW X1
Finally, we will now discover how to check the status of the blinker relay in your motor vehicle. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your BMW X1, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the position of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is usually the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on BMW X1, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To get more tips on the BMW X1, take a look at the BMW X1 category.