Modern cars are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we sadly also suffer the cons. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our BMW 5 Series, let alone going near the fuses on it. Regrettably, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some features like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will unavoidably effect the comfort of your car. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and specifically to discover the turn signal fuse on your BMW 5 Series. To do this, first, we will find out in which circumstances it may be relevant to change the turn indicator fuse on your BMW 5 Series, then where is the turn signal fuse on BMW 5 Series .
Why change blinker fuses on BMW 5 Series?
So let’s start our content page on the location of theblinker fuse of your BMW 5 Series by the benefit of changing it. You may possibly feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In actual fact, if your turn signal does not work on BMW 5 Series anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should note that a fuse acts as a security unit to prevent overvoltage on your BMW 5 Series . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual check. In general, you will want to change the turn signal fuse of a BMW 5 Series when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent cause .
Where is the turn signal fuse on BMW 5 Series?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your BMW 5 Series is. The turn indicators are related to several electronic components and there may be several fuses related to it on your car based on the year and options it has. However, in addition to the fuses, there is also a relay that controls the correct operation of your air conditioning. We will one by one help you discover the fuse and turn signal relay on your BMW 5 Series .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your BMW 5 Series
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your BMW 5 Series’s turn signs. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the manual of your BMW 5 Series.
- Read the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the turn signal fuse(s) of your BMW 5 Series , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) attentively with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, change it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your car, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your BMW 5 Series
Finally, we will now find out how to check the status of the blinker relay in your car. To do this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your BMW 5 Series, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cover for the location of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is in most cases the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on BMW 5 Series, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To get more tips on the BMW 5 Series, take a look at the BMW 5 Series category.