Modern cars are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well go through the disadvantages. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our BMW 3 Series, let alone going near the fuses on it. Sadly, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will undoubtedly effect the comfort of your car. In this post, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to discover the turn signal fuse on your BMW 3 Series. To achieve this, first, we will discover in which situations it might be relevant to change the turn indicator fuse on your BMW 3 Series, then where is the turn signal fuse on BMW 3 Series .
Why replace blinker fuses on BMW 3 Series?
So let’s start our content on the location of theblinker fuse of your BMW 3 Series by the benefit of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In truth, if your turn signal does not work on BMW 3 Series anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should consider that a fuse acts as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your BMW 3 Series . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. Generally, you will want to replace the turn signal fuse of a BMW 3 Series when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the turn signal fuse on BMW 3 Series?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your BMW 3 Series is. The turn indicators are related to some electronic elements and there might be some fuses related to it on your car based on the year and options it has. However, furthermore to the fuses, there is as well a relay that manages the correct operation of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you discover the fuse and turn signal relay on your BMW 3 Series .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your BMW 3 Series
We will first focus on the internal fuses of your BMW 3 Series’s turn signs. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact position thanks to the manual of your BMW 3 Series.
- Go through the manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the turn signal fuse(s) of your BMW 3 Series , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Remove the turn signal fuse(s) attentively with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If one of them fails, replace it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your car, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your BMW 3 Series
Finally, we will now discover how to check the status of the blinker relay in your car. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your BMW 3 Series, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the position of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is generally the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on BMW 3 Series, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to consult our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you wish more guides on the BMW 3 Series, go to our BMW 3 Series category.