Modern cars are more and more built with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well suffer the drawbacks. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Bmw 1 series, let alone going near the fuses on it. Sadly, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will obviously affect the comfort of your car. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and especially to locate the turn signal fuse on your Bmw 1 series. To achieve this, first, we will find out in which scenarios it may be important to change the turn indicator fuse on your Bmw 1 series, then where is the turn signal fuse on Bmw 1 series .
Why change blinker fuses on Bmw 1 series?
So let’s start our content on the location of theblinker fuse of your Bmw 1 series by the interest of changing it. You may possibly feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if your turn signal does not work on Bmw 1 series anymore, if you have already verify that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should know that a fuse acts as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Bmw 1 series . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual verify. In general, you will want to change the turn signal fuse of a Bmw 1 series when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent cause .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Bmw 1 series?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Bmw 1 series is. The turn indicators are related to several electronic components and there may be several fuses related to it on your car depending on the year and options it has. Nevertheless, furthermore to the fuses, there is as well a relay that handles the solve operation of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you locate the fuse and turn signal relay on your Bmw 1 series .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Bmw 1 series
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Bmw 1 series’s turn signals. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact position thanks to the manual of your Bmw 1 series.
- Go through the manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the turn signal fuse(s) of your Bmw 1 series , verify all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Remove the turn signal fuse(s) cautiously with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, replace it with a new fuse. As a last solution, you can take your car to your technician so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your car, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Bmw 1 series
Finally, we will now find out how to verify the status of the blinker relay in your car. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Bmw 1 series, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cover for the position of the turn signal relay, or verify your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is usually the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Bmw 1 series, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more tutorials on the Bmw 1 series, go to our Bmw 1 series category.