Modern cars are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we however also suffer the cons. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Audi A3, let alone going near the fuses on it. Regrettably, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some features like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will obviously effect the comfort of your car. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and specifically to find the turn signal fuse on your Audi A3. To do this, first, we will find out in which circumstances it may be important to change the turn indicator fuse on your Audi A3, then where is the turn signal fuse on Audi A3 .
Why replace blinker fuses on Audi A3?
So let’s start our content page on the location of theblinker fuse of your Audi A3 by the benefit of changing it. You may feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if your turn signal does not work on Audi A3 anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Audi A3 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. Generally, you will want to replace the turn signal fuse of a Audi A3 when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Audi A3?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Audi A3 is. The turn indicators are related to some electronic elements and there may be some fuses related to it on your car based on the year and options it has. On the other hand, in addition to the fuses, there is also a relay that handles the correct operation of your air conditioning. We will one by one help you find the fuse and turn signal relay on your Audi A3 .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Audi A3
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Audi A3’s turn signals. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the manual of your Audi A3.
- Browse the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the turn signal fuse(s) of your Audi A3 , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) cautiously with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, replace it with a new fuse. As a last solution, you can take your car to your mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the cause of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your car, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Audi A3
Finally, we will now find out how to check the status of the blinker relay in your car. To do this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Audi A3, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the location of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is generally the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Audi A3, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Audi A3, do not hesitate to consult our Audi A3 category.