Recent automobiles are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also suffer the down sides. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Volvo XC90, let alone going near the fuses on it. Sadly, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are essential, so an air conditioning troubles will unavoidably affect the comfort of your car. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and specifically to locate the air conditioning fuse on your Volvo XC90. To do this, first, we will see in which scenarios it might be relevant to change the air conditioning fuse on your Volvo XC90, then where is the air conditioning fuse on Volvo XC90 .
Why change the air conditioning fuse on Volvo XC90?
So let’s begin our content on the location of the air conditioning fuse of your Volvo XC90 by the interest of changing it. You may possibly feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In actual fact, if your air conditioning does not work on Volvo XC90 anymore, if you have already had it recharged, examined for possible leaks in the system and if you have examined that the air conditioning compressor is functional, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Volvo XC90 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a specified tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and confirm that the filament is still intact with a basic visual verify. Generally, you will want to change the air conditioning fuse of a Volvo XC90 when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the air conditioning fuse on Volvo XC90?
We will now look for where the air conditioning fuse on your Volvo XC90 is. The air conditioning system is linked to several electronic components and there might be some fuses linked to it on your car based on the year and options it has. However, in addition to the fuses, there is as well a relay that manages the correct process of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you find the fuse and air conditioning relay on your Volvo XC90 .
Replacement of the internal air conditioning fuses of your Volvo XC90
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Volvo XC90’s air-conditioning system. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact position thanks to the manual of your Volvo XC90.
- Go through the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the air conditioning fuse(s) of your Volvo XC90 , verify all the fuses with the word “air conditioning” in their names.
- Remove the air-conditioning fuse(s) cautiously with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If one of them fails, replace it with a new fuse . As a last remedy, you can take your car to your mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your issue.
- After you change the air conditioning fuse in your car, reassemble and test your air conditioning.
Replacement of the air conditioning fuse relay of your Volvo XC90
Finally, we will now discover how to verify the status of the air conditioning relay in your car. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Volvo XC90, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cover for the location of the air conditioning relay, or verify your handbook if you can’t find it. This is in most cases the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your air conditioning, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the air conditioning fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Volvo XC90, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more tutorials on the Volvo XC90, go to our Volvo XC90 category.