Modern vehicles are more and more designed with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably also go through the down sides. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Volkswagen Passat, let alone going near the fuses on it. Unfortunately, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will unavoidably effect the comfort of your car. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and specifically to find the air conditioning fuse on your Volkswagen Passat. To do this, first, we will see in which scenarios it may be relevant to replace the air conditioning fuse on your Volkswagen Passat, then where is the air conditioning fuse on Volkswagen Passat .
Why replace the air conditioning fuse on Volkswagen Passat?
So let’s begin our content page on the location of the air conditioning fuse of your Volkswagen Passat by the interest of changing it. You may possibly experience like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if your air conditioning does not work on Volkswagen Passat anymore, if you have already had it recharged, checked out for possible leaks in the system and if you have checked out that the air conditioning compressor is functional, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should know that a fuse functions as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Volkswagen Passat . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a particular tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and confirm that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual check. In general, you will want to replace the air conditioning fuse of a Volkswagen Passat when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent cause .
Where is the air conditioning fuse on Volkswagen Passat?
We will now look for where the air conditioning fuse on your Volkswagen Passat is. The air conditioning system is related to several electronic components and there may be some fuses related to it on your car based on the year and options it has. However, in addition to the fuses, there is as well a relay that controls the correct process of your air conditioning. We will one by one help you find the fuse and air conditioning relay on your Volkswagen Passat .
Replacement of the internal air conditioning fuses of your Volkswagen Passat
We will first focus on the internal fuses of your Volkswagen Passat’s air-conditioning system. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t find it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact position thanks to the manual of your Volkswagen Passat.
- Read the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the air conditioning fuse(s) of your Volkswagen Passat , check all the fuses with the word “air conditioning” in their names.
- Remove the air-conditioning fuse(s) carefully with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, change it with a new fuse . As a last remedy, you can take your car to your technician so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you replace the air conditioning fuse in your motor vehicle, reassemble and test your air conditioning.
Replacement of the air conditioning fuse relay of your Volkswagen Passat
Finally, we will now see how to check the status of the air conditioning relay in your motor vehicle. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Volkswagen Passat, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cover for the location of the air conditioning relay, or check your user manual if you can’t find it. This is generally the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Change the relay with another relay to test your air conditioning, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the air conditioning fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Volkswagen Passat, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more guides on the Volkswagen Passat, go to our Volkswagen Passat category.