Recent automobiles are more and more designed with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we sadly also go through the down sides. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Renault Scenic 2, let alone going near the fuses on it. Regrettably, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are essential, so an air conditioning failure will inevitably impact the comfort of your car. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and especially to locate the air conditioning fuse on your Renault Scenic 2. To achieve this, first, we will see in which situations it may be relevant to replace the air conditioning fuse on your Renault Scenic 2, then where is the air conditioning fuse on Renault Scenic 2 .
Why replace the air conditioning fuse on Renault Scenic 2?
So let’s begin our article on the location of the air conditioning fuse of your Renault Scenic 2 by the benefit of changing it. You may feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In fact, if your air conditioning does not work on Renault Scenic 2 anymore, if you have already had it recharged, checked for possible leaks in the system and if you have checked that the air conditioning compressor is functional, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Renault Scenic 2 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a particular tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual verify. In general, you will want to replace the air conditioning fuse of a Renault Scenic 2 when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent reason .
Where is the air conditioning fuse on Renault Scenic 2?
We will now look for where the air conditioning fuse on your Renault Scenic 2 is. The air conditioning system is connected to several electronic components and there may be some fuses connected to it on your car depending on the year and options it has. However, in addition to the fuses, there is also a relay that manages the correct procedure of your air conditioning. We will one by one help you locate the fuse and air conditioning relay on your Renault Scenic 2 .
Replacement of the internal air conditioning fuses of your Renault Scenic 2
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Renault Scenic 2’s air-conditioning system. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the manual of your Renault Scenic 2.
- Browse the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the air conditioning fuse(s) of your Renault Scenic 2 , verify all the fuses with the word “air conditioning” in their names.
- Remove the air-conditioning fuse(s) attentively with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, replace it with a new fuse . As a last remedy, you can take your car to your technician so that he can take a closer check out the trigger of your problem.
- After you replace the air conditioning fuse in your car, reassemble and test your air conditioning.
Replacement of the air conditioning fuse relay of your Renault Scenic 2
Finally, we will now see how to verify the status of the air conditioning relay in your car. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Renault Scenic 2, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the location of the air conditioning relay, or verify your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is in most cases the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Change the relay with another relay to test your air conditioning, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to locate the air conditioning fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Renault Scenic 2, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to consult our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more guides on the Renault Scenic 2, go to our Renault Scenic 2 category.