Recent cars are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also undergo the drawbacks. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Porsche Cayenne, let alone going near the fuses on it. Regrettably, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are essential, so an air conditioning troubles will undoubtedly impact the comfort of your car. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse complications and specifically to locate the air conditioning fuse on your Porsche Cayenne. To achieve this, first, we will see in which circumstances it might be important to replace the air conditioning fuse on your Porsche Cayenne, then where is the air conditioning fuse on Porsche Cayenne .
Why replace the air conditioning fuse on Porsche Cayenne?
So let’s start our content on the location of the air conditioning fuse of your Porsche Cayenne by the interest of changing it. You may experience like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if your air conditioning does not work on Porsche Cayenne anymore, if you have already had it recharged, checked for possible leaks in the system and if you have checked that the air conditioning compressor is functional, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should know that a fuse works as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Porsche Cayenne . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the air conditioning fuse of a Porsche Cayenne when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent cause .
Where is the air conditioning fuse on Porsche Cayenne?
We will now look for where the air conditioning fuse on your Porsche Cayenne is. The air conditioning system is related to several electronic components and there might be some fuses related to it on your car depending on the year and options it has. Nevertheless, furthermore to the fuses, there is as well a relay that manages the correct procedure of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you find the fuse and air conditioning relay on your Porsche Cayenne .
Replacement of the internal air conditioning fuses of your Porsche Cayenne
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Porsche Cayenne’s air-conditioning system. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact position thanks to the manual of your Porsche Cayenne.
- Go through the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the air conditioning fuse(s) of your Porsche Cayenne , check all the fuses with the word “air conditioning” in their names.
- Remove the air-conditioning fuse(s) carefully with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If one of them fails, change it with a new fuse . As a last remedy, you can take your car to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the cause of your issue.
- After you replace the air conditioning fuse in your car, reassemble and test your air conditioning.
Replacement of the air conditioning fuse relay of your Porsche Cayenne
Finally, we will now discover how to check the status of the air conditioning relay in your car. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Porsche Cayenne, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the location of the air conditioning relay, or check your user manual if you can’t find it. This is generally the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your air conditioning, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the air conditioning fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Porsche Cayenne, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To discover more tips on the Porsche Cayenne, take a look at the Porsche Cayenne category.