Modern vehicles are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we unfortunately also undergo the disadvantages. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Mazda Mx5, let alone going near the fuses on it. Unfortunately, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are essential, so an air conditioning failure will unavoidably effect the comfort of your vehicle. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and specifically to locate the air conditioning fuse on your Mazda Mx5. To do this, first, we will see in which scenarios it may be important to replace the air conditioning fuse on your Mazda Mx5, then where is the air conditioning fuse on Mazda Mx5 .
Why replace the air conditioning fuse on Mazda Mx5?
So let’s start our content on the location of the air conditioning fuse of your Mazda Mx5 by the interest of changing it. You may possibly experience like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In actual fact, if your air conditioning does not work on Mazda Mx5 anymore, if you have already had it recharged, examined for possible leaks in the system and if you have examined that the air conditioning compressor is functional, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should know that a fuse works as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Mazda Mx5 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a particular tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and confirm that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual check. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the air conditioning fuse of a Mazda Mx5 when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent cause .
Where is the air conditioning fuse on Mazda Mx5?
We will now look for where the air conditioning fuse on your Mazda Mx5 is. The air conditioning system is connected to several electronic components and there may be several fuses connected to it on your car depending on the year and options it has. Nevertheless, furthermore to the fuses, there is as well a relay that manages the correct procedure of your air conditioning. We will one by one help you find the fuse and air conditioning relay on your Mazda Mx5 .
Replacement of the internal air conditioning fuses of your Mazda Mx5
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Mazda Mx5’s air-conditioning system. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t locate it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the manual of your Mazda Mx5.
- Browse the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the air conditioning fuse(s) of your Mazda Mx5 , check all the fuses with the word “air conditioning” in their names.
- Take out the air-conditioning fuse(s) cautiously with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If one of them fails, replace it with a new fuse . As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your issue.
- After you replace the air conditioning fuse in your motor vehicle, reassemble and test your air conditioning.
Replacement of the air conditioning fuse relay of your Mazda Mx5
Finally, we will now find out how to check the status of the air conditioning relay in your motor vehicle. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Mazda Mx5, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the location of the air conditioning relay, or check your handbook if you can’t find it. This is usually the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your air conditioning, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the air conditioning fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Mazda Mx5, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To get more tips on the Mazda Mx5, take a look at the Mazda Mx5 category.