Recent automobiles are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we sadly also undergo the down sides. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Land Rover LR4, let alone going near the fuses on it. Unfortunately, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are fundamental, so an air conditioning failure will unavoidably affect the comfort of your vehicle. In this post, we will try to help you to fix your fuse complications and especially to find the air conditioning fuse on your Land Rover LR4. To achieve this, first, we will see in which circumstances it might be relevant to change the air conditioning fuse on your Land Rover LR4, then where is the air conditioning fuse on Land Rover LR4 .
Why change the air conditioning fuse on Land Rover LR4?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the air conditioning fuse of your Land Rover LR4 by the interest of changing it. You might experience like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In actual fact, if your air conditioning does not work on Land Rover LR4 anymore, if you have already had it recharged, checked for possible leaks in the system and if you have checked that the air conditioning compressor is functional, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Land Rover LR4 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specified tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual check. Generally, you will want to change the air conditioning fuse of a Land Rover LR4 when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the air conditioning fuse on Land Rover LR4?
We will now look for where the air conditioning fuse on your Land Rover LR4 is. The air conditioning system is connected to several electronic elements and there might be some fuses connected to it on your car based on the year and options it has. Nevertheless, furthermore to the fuses, there is as well a relay that controls the correct operation of your air conditioning. We will one by one help you discover the fuse and air conditioning relay on your Land Rover LR4 .
Replacement of the internal air conditioning fuses of your Land Rover LR4
We will first focus on the internal fuses of your Land Rover LR4’s air-conditioning system. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t find it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact position thanks to the manual of your Land Rover LR4.
- Browse the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the air conditioning fuse(s) of your Land Rover LR4 , check all the fuses with the word “air conditioning” in their names.
- Remove the air-conditioning fuse(s) attentively with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If one of them fails, replace it with a new fuse . As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the cause of your issue.
- After you change the air conditioning fuse in your motor vehicle, reassemble and test your air conditioning.
Replacement of the air conditioning fuse relay of your Land Rover LR4
Finally, we will now find out how to check the status of the air conditioning relay in your motor vehicle. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Land Rover LR4, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the location of the air conditioning relay, or check your user manual if you can’t find it. This is in most cases the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your air conditioning, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to discover the air conditioning fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Land Rover LR4, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Land Rover LR4, do not hesitate to consult our Land Rover LR4 category.