Recent vehicles are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also undergo the down sides. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Hyundai Ioniq, let alone going near the fuses on it. Unfortunately, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will inevitably affect the comfort of your vehicle. In this post, we will try to help you to fix your fuse complications and specifically to locate the air conditioning fuse on your Hyundai Ioniq. To achieve this, first, we will see in which situations it may be important to change the air conditioning fuse on your Hyundai Ioniq, then where is the air conditioning fuse on Hyundai Ioniq .
Why change the air conditioning fuse on Hyundai Ioniq?
So let’s start our article on the location of the air conditioning fuse of your Hyundai Ioniq by the benefit of changing it. You might experience like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if your air conditioning does not work on Hyundai Ioniq anymore, if you have already had it recharged, examined for possible leaks in the system and if you have examined that the air conditioning compressor is functional, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Hyundai Ioniq . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a particular tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and confirm that the filament is still intact with a basic visual verify. In general, you will want to change the air conditioning fuse of a Hyundai Ioniq when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent reason .
Where is the air conditioning fuse on Hyundai Ioniq?
We will now look for where the air conditioning fuse on your Hyundai Ioniq is. The air conditioning system is connected to several electronic elements and there may be some fuses connected to it on your car depending on the year and options it has. Nevertheless, in addition to the fuses, there is also a relay that manages the correct operation of your air conditioning. We will one by one help you find the fuse and air conditioning relay on your Hyundai Ioniq .
Replacement of the internal air conditioning fuses of your Hyundai Ioniq
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Hyundai Ioniq’s air-conditioning system. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact position thanks to the manual of your Hyundai Ioniq.
- Read the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the air conditioning fuse(s) of your Hyundai Ioniq , verify all the fuses with the word “air conditioning” in their names.
- Take out the air-conditioning fuse(s) attentively with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If one of them fails, change it with a new fuse . As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your auto technician so that he can take a closer check out the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the air conditioning fuse in your car, reassemble and test your air conditioning.
Replacement of the air conditioning fuse relay of your Hyundai Ioniq
Finally, we will now discover how to verify the status of the air conditioning relay in your car. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Hyundai Ioniq, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the location of the air conditioning relay, or verify your user manual if you can’t find it. This is generally the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your air conditioning, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the air conditioning fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Hyundai Ioniq, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more tutorials on the Hyundai Ioniq, go to our Hyundai Ioniq category.