Modern cars are more and more designed with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately also suffer the down sides. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Hyundai Elantra, let alone going near the fuses on it. Regrettably, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will undoubtedly impact the comfort of your vehicle. In this post, we will try to help you to fix your fuse complications and especially to locate the air conditioning fuse on your Hyundai Elantra. To get this done, first, we will see in which situations it might be relevant to replace the air conditioning fuse on your Hyundai Elantra, then where is the air conditioning fuse on Hyundai Elantra .
Why replace the air conditioning fuse on Hyundai Elantra?
So let’s begin our content on the location of the air conditioning fuse of your Hyundai Elantra by the interest of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In truth, if your air conditioning does not work on Hyundai Elantra anymore, if you have already had it recharged, checked for possible leaks in the system and if you have checked that the air conditioning compressor is functional, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should know that a fuse functions as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Hyundai Elantra . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a particular tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the air conditioning fuse of a Hyundai Elantra when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent reason .
Where is the air conditioning fuse on Hyundai Elantra?
We will now look for where the air conditioning fuse on your Hyundai Elantra is. The air conditioning system is connected to several electronic components and there might be some fuses connected to it on your car based on the year and options it has. However, in addition to the fuses, there is also a relay that controls the correct procedure of your air conditioning. We will one by one help you find the fuse and air conditioning relay on your Hyundai Elantra .
Replacement of the internal air conditioning fuses of your Hyundai Elantra
We will first focus on the internal fuses of your Hyundai Elantra’s air-conditioning system. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t locate it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact position thanks to the manual of your Hyundai Elantra.
- Read the manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the air conditioning fuse(s) of your Hyundai Elantra , check all the fuses with the word “air conditioning” in their names.
- Remove the air-conditioning fuse(s) attentively with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If one of them fails, replace it with a new fuse . As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you replace the air conditioning fuse in your motor vehicle, reassemble and test your air conditioning.
Replacement of the air conditioning fuse relay of your Hyundai Elantra
Finally, we will now see how to check the status of the air conditioning relay in your motor vehicle. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Hyundai Elantra, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the location of the air conditioning relay, or check your handbook if you can’t find it. This is usually the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your air conditioning, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the air conditioning fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Hyundai Elantra, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you have any further questions about the Hyundai Elantra, do not hesitate to consult our Hyundai Elantra category.