Recent vehicles are more and more designed with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably also undergo the down sides. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Ford Mondeo, let alone going near the fuses on it. Unfortunately, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are essential, so an air conditioning failure will unavoidably effect the comfort of your car. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and especially to locate the air conditioning fuse on your Ford Mondeo. To achieve this, first, we will see in which situations it might be important to change the air conditioning fuse on your Ford Mondeo, then where is the air conditioning fuse on Ford Mondeo .
Why change the air conditioning fuse on Ford Mondeo?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the air conditioning fuse of your Ford Mondeo by the benefit of changing it. You may possibly experience like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In actual fact, if your air conditioning does not work on Ford Mondeo anymore, if you have already had it recharged, checked for possible leaks in the system and if you have checked that the air conditioning compressor is functional, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Ford Mondeo . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a particular tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual verify. Generally speaking, you will want to change the air conditioning fuse of a Ford Mondeo when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent cause .
Where is the air conditioning fuse on Ford Mondeo?
We will now look for where the air conditioning fuse on your Ford Mondeo is. The air conditioning system is related to several electronic elements and there might be several fuses related to it on your car based on the year and options it has. However, in addition to the fuses, there is as well a relay that controls the correct process of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you discover the fuse and air conditioning relay on your Ford Mondeo .
Replacement of the internal air conditioning fuses of your Ford Mondeo
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Ford Mondeo’s air-conditioning system. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the manual of your Ford Mondeo.
- Browse the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the air conditioning fuse(s) of your Ford Mondeo , verify all the fuses with the word “air conditioning” in their names.
- Take out the air-conditioning fuse(s) carefully with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, change it with a new fuse . As a last solution, you can take your car to your auto technician so that he can take a closer check out the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the air conditioning fuse in your car, reassemble and test your air conditioning.
Replacement of the air conditioning fuse relay of your Ford Mondeo
Finally, we will now discover how to verify the status of the air conditioning relay in your car. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Ford Mondeo, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cover for the location of the air conditioning relay, or verify your user manual if you can’t find it. This is usually the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your air conditioning, or change it with a new one
You now know how to discover the air conditioning fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Ford Mondeo, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you wish more tutorials on the Ford Mondeo, go to our Ford Mondeo category.