Modern automobiles are more and more designed with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we sadly also suffer the cons. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Ford Fusion, let alone going near the fuses on it. Unfortunately, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are fundamental, so an air conditioning troubles will unavoidably impact the comfort of your vehicle. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and especially to find the air conditioning fuse on your Ford Fusion. To get this done, first, we will see in which circumstances it may be relevant to change the air conditioning fuse on your Ford Fusion, then where is the air conditioning fuse on Ford Fusion .
Why change the air conditioning fuse on Ford Fusion?
So let’s start our content on the location of the air conditioning fuse of your Ford Fusion by the interest of changing it. You may feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In truth, if your air conditioning does not work on Ford Fusion anymore, if you have already had it recharged, checked out for possible leaks in the system and if you have checked out that the air conditioning compressor is functional, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should know that a fuse works as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Ford Fusion . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specified tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual verify. In general, you will want to change the air conditioning fuse of a Ford Fusion when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the air conditioning fuse on Ford Fusion?
We will now look for where the air conditioning fuse on your Ford Fusion is. The air conditioning system is related to several electronic components and there may be several fuses related to it on your car based on the year and options it has. Nevertheless, in addition to the fuses, there is as well a relay that manages the correct procedure of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you find the fuse and air conditioning relay on your Ford Fusion .
Replacement of the internal air conditioning fuses of your Ford Fusion
We will first focus on the internal fuses of your Ford Fusion’s air-conditioning system. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact position thanks to the manual of your Ford Fusion.
- Browse the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the air conditioning fuse(s) of your Ford Fusion , verify all the fuses with the word “air conditioning” in their names.
- Take out the air-conditioning fuse(s) cautiously with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If one of them fails, change it with a new fuse . As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your technician so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the air conditioning fuse in your car, reassemble and test your air conditioning.
Replacement of the air conditioning fuse relay of your Ford Fusion
Finally, we will now see how to verify the status of the air conditioning relay in your car. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Ford Fusion, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the location of the air conditioning relay, or verify your handbook if you can’t find it. This is in most cases the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your air conditioning, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the air conditioning fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Ford Fusion, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Ford Fusion, do not hesitate to consult our Ford Fusion category.