Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we sadly also undergo the disadvantages. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Ford Explorer, let alone going near the fuses on it. Sadly, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning troubles will unavoidably affect the comfort of your vehicle. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and specifically to locate the air conditioning fuse on your Ford Explorer. To get this done, first, we will see in which circumstances it might be relevant to change the air conditioning fuse on your Ford Explorer, then where is the air conditioning fuse on Ford Explorer .
Why change the air conditioning fuse on Ford Explorer?
So let’s start our content on the location of the air conditioning fuse of your Ford Explorer by the benefit of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In actual fact, if your air conditioning does not work on Ford Explorer anymore, if you have already had it recharged, checked out for possible leaks in the system and if you have checked out that the air conditioning compressor is functional, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should know that a fuse functions as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Ford Explorer . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual verify. In general, you will want to change the air conditioning fuse of a Ford Explorer when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the air conditioning fuse on Ford Explorer?
We will now look for where the air conditioning fuse on your Ford Explorer is. The air conditioning system is connected to several electronic elements and there might be some fuses connected to it on your car based on the year and options it has. Nevertheless, furthermore to the fuses, there is as well a relay that controls the correct process of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you discover the fuse and air conditioning relay on your Ford Explorer .
Replacement of the internal air conditioning fuses of your Ford Explorer
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Ford Explorer’s air-conditioning system. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact position thanks to the manual of your Ford Explorer.
- Go through the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the air conditioning fuse(s) of your Ford Explorer , verify all the fuses with the word “air conditioning” in their names.
- Remove the air-conditioning fuse(s) carefully with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, replace it with a new fuse . As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the cause of your problem.
- After you change the air conditioning fuse in your car, reassemble and test your air conditioning.
Replacement of the air conditioning fuse relay of your Ford Explorer
Finally, we will now see how to verify the status of the air conditioning relay in your car. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Ford Explorer, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cover for the location of the air conditioning relay, or verify your handbook if you can’t find it. This is generally the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your air conditioning, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to discover the air conditioning fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Ford Explorer, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
To get more tips on the Ford Explorer, take a look at the Ford Explorer category.