Modern automobiles are more and more designed with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also suffer the down sides. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Fiat Punto, let alone going near the fuses on it. Sadly, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are fundamental, so an air conditioning failure will unavoidably impact the comfort of your car. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse complications and specifically to find the air conditioning fuse on your Fiat Punto. To achieve this, first, we will see in which scenarios it may be relevant to replace the air conditioning fuse on your Fiat Punto, then where is the air conditioning fuse on Fiat Punto .
Why replace the air conditioning fuse on Fiat Punto?
So let’s start our content on the location of the air conditioning fuse of your Fiat Punto by the interest of changing it. You may experience like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if your air conditioning does not work on Fiat Punto anymore, if you have already had it recharged, checked out for possible leaks in the system and if you have checked out that the air conditioning compressor is functional, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should know that a fuse functions as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Fiat Punto . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and confirm that the filament is still intact with a basic visual verify. Generally, you will want to replace the air conditioning fuse of a Fiat Punto when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the air conditioning fuse on Fiat Punto?
We will now look for where the air conditioning fuse on your Fiat Punto is. The air conditioning system is related to several electronic elements and there may be some fuses related to it on your car based on the year and options it has. Nevertheless, furthermore to the fuses, there is also a relay that manages the correct procedure of your air conditioning. We will one by one help you discover the fuse and air conditioning relay on your Fiat Punto .
Replacement of the internal air conditioning fuses of your Fiat Punto
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Fiat Punto’s air-conditioning system. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the manual of your Fiat Punto.
- Go through the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the air conditioning fuse(s) of your Fiat Punto , verify all the fuses with the word “air conditioning” in their names.
- Take out the air-conditioning fuse(s) attentively with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, replace it with a new fuse . As a last remedy, you can take your car to your auto technician so that he can take a closer check out the trigger of your issue.
- After you replace the air conditioning fuse in your car, reassemble and test your air conditioning.
Replacement of the air conditioning fuse relay of your Fiat Punto
Finally, we will now see how to verify the status of the air conditioning relay in your car. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Fiat Punto, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cover for the location of the air conditioning relay, or verify your user manual if you can’t find it. This is in most cases the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your air conditioning, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to discover the air conditioning fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Fiat Punto, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more guides on the Fiat Punto, go to our Fiat Punto category.