Recent automobiles are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we sadly also go through the cons. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Chevrolet Cobalt, let alone going near the fuses on it. Sadly, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are fundamental, so an air conditioning failure will undoubtedly affect the comfort of your car. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and specifically to find the air conditioning fuse on your Chevrolet Cobalt. To get this done, first, we will see in which situations it may be relevant to change the air conditioning fuse on your Chevrolet Cobalt, then where is the air conditioning fuse on Chevrolet Cobalt .
Why change the air conditioning fuse on Chevrolet Cobalt?
So let’s begin our content on the location of the air conditioning fuse of your Chevrolet Cobalt by the benefit of changing it. You may possibly experience like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In truth, if your air conditioning does not work on Chevrolet Cobalt anymore, if you have already had it recharged, examined for possible leaks in the system and if you have examined that the air conditioning compressor is functional, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should know that a fuse works as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Chevrolet Cobalt . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and confirm that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual check. Generally, you will want to change the air conditioning fuse of a Chevrolet Cobalt when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent cause .
Where is the air conditioning fuse on Chevrolet Cobalt?
We will now look for where the air conditioning fuse on your Chevrolet Cobalt is. The air conditioning system is linked to several electronic components and there may be several fuses linked to it on your car depending on the year and options it has. Nevertheless, in addition to the fuses, there is also a relay that controls the correct procedure of your air conditioning. We will one by one help you locate the fuse and air conditioning relay on your Chevrolet Cobalt .
Replacement of the internal air conditioning fuses of your Chevrolet Cobalt
We will first focus on the internal fuses of your Chevrolet Cobalt’s air-conditioning system. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t find it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact position thanks to the manual of your Chevrolet Cobalt.
- Read the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the air conditioning fuse(s) of your Chevrolet Cobalt , check all the fuses with the word “air conditioning” in their names.
- Remove the air-conditioning fuse(s) attentively with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, change it with a new fuse . As a last remedy, you can take your car to your mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change the air conditioning fuse in your motor vehicle, reassemble and test your air conditioning.
Replacement of the air conditioning fuse relay of your Chevrolet Cobalt
Finally, we will now discover how to check the status of the air conditioning relay in your motor vehicle. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Chevrolet Cobalt, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the location of the air conditioning relay, or check your handbook if you can’t find it. This is in most cases the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your air conditioning, or change it with a new one
You now know how to locate the air conditioning fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Chevrolet Cobalt, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more tutorials on the Chevrolet Cobalt, go to our Chevrolet Cobalt category.