Recent vehicles are more and more designed with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately also go through the drawbacks. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our BMW 5 Series, let alone going near the fuses on it. Unfortunately, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are essential, so an air conditioning troubles will unavoidably effect the comfort of your vehicle. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse complications and especially to find the air conditioning fuse on your BMW 5 Series. To achieve this, first, we will see in which situations it might be important to change the air conditioning fuse on your BMW 5 Series, then where is the air conditioning fuse on BMW 5 Series .
Why change the air conditioning fuse on BMW 5 Series?
So let’s begin our content page on the location of the air conditioning fuse of your BMW 5 Series by the interest of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In truth, if your air conditioning does not work on BMW 5 Series anymore, if you have already had it recharged, checked out for possible leaks in the system and if you have checked out that the air conditioning compressor is functional, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your BMW 5 Series . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. Generally, you will want to change the air conditioning fuse of a BMW 5 Series when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the air conditioning fuse on BMW 5 Series?
We will now look for where the air conditioning fuse on your BMW 5 Series is. The air conditioning system is linked to several electronic components and there might be some fuses linked to it on your car based on the year and options it has. Nevertheless, in addition to the fuses, there is also a relay that manages the correct operation of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you find the fuse and air conditioning relay on your BMW 5 Series .
Replacement of the internal air conditioning fuses of your BMW 5 Series
We will first focus on the internal fuses of your BMW 5 Series’s air-conditioning system. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the manual of your BMW 5 Series.
- Go through the manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the air conditioning fuse(s) of your BMW 5 Series , check all the fuses with the word “air conditioning” in their names.
- Take out the air-conditioning fuse(s) carefully with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If one of them fails, replace it with a new fuse . As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the trigger of your issue.
- After you change the air conditioning fuse in your car, reassemble and test your air conditioning.
Replacement of the air conditioning fuse relay of your BMW 5 Series
Finally, we will now see how to check the status of the air conditioning relay in your car. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your BMW 5 Series, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cover for the location of the air conditioning relay, or check your handbook if you can’t find it. This is generally the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Change the relay with another relay to test your air conditioning, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the air conditioning fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on BMW 5 Series, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To find more tips on the BMW 5 Series, take a look at the BMW 5 Series category.