Modern cars are more and more pre-loaded with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably as well undergo the drawbacks. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Volkswagen Polo, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we are going to try to help you to solve your fuse complications and especially to locate the power window fuse on your Volkswagen Polo. To achieve this, first, we are going to discover in which scenarios it can be important to replace the window fuse of your Volkswagen Polo, then where the window fuse of your Volkswagen Polo is.
Why replace the power window fuse on your Volkswagen Polo?
So let’s begin our content on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Volkswagen Polo by the significance of changing it. You may possibly have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Obviously, if you have complications with your motor vehicle window, if it is stuck, or the power window of your Volkswagen Polo no longer lifts , it is firmly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is essential to know that a fuse acts as a security device to avoid any overvoltage on your Volkswagen Polo . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specified tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and examine that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the fuse of the window lifter of an Volkswagen Polo when the power window no longer functions . If your battery is functioning properly, it might be the fuse that is the cause of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Volkswagen Polo?
We will now try to find the fuse in the power window of your Volkswagen Polo . It will frequently blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is in general a 30 amp fuse. We will help you discover the power window fuse on your Volkswagen Polo .
Placement of the power window fuse of your Volkswagen Polo
We will first focus on the power window fuse on your Volkswagen Polo. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t discover it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the manual of your Volkswagen Polo.
- Browse the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the window fuse on your Volkswagen Polo , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Remove the fuse in question cautiously with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise you will have to examine the state of your Volkswagen Polo window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you replace your motor vehicle window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to proceed if the power window fuse on my Volkswagen Polo blows after changing?
Finally, we will now discover how to proceed if the window lift fuse of your Volkswagen Polo is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to check yourself if you are capable to do it, otherwise take your vehicle to your garage.
- Remove your door trim
- Check to discover if your fuse blows once it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Volkswagen Polo, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t hesitate to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Volkswagen Polo, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Polo category.