Modern vehicles are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we however as well undergo the disadvantages. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Suzuki Jimny, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we are going to try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and especially to locate the power window fuse on your Suzuki Jimny. To get this done, first, we are going to discover in which situations it can be relevant to change the window fuse of your Suzuki Jimny, then where the window fuse of your Suzuki Jimny is.
Why change the power window fuse on your Suzuki Jimny?
So let’s start our article content on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Suzuki Jimny by the significance of changing it. You may possibly have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In truth, if you have complications with your car window, if it is stuck, or the power window of your Suzuki Jimny no longer lifts , it is strongly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is necessary to know that a fuse acts as a security device to avoid any overvoltage on your Suzuki Jimny . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a particular tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. In general, you will want to change the fuse of the window lifter of an Suzuki Jimny when the power window no longer works . If your battery is working effectively, it may be the fuse that is the trigger of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Suzuki Jimny?
We will now try to find the fuse in the power window of your Suzuki Jimny . It will often blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is in most cases a 30 amp fuse. We will help you find the power window fuse on your Suzuki Jimny .
Position of the power window fuse of your Suzuki Jimny
We will first focus on the power window fuse on your Suzuki Jimny. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the manual of your Suzuki Jimny.
- Read the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the window fuse on your Suzuki Jimny , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Take out the fuse in question cautiously with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse, otherwise you will have to examine the state of your Suzuki Jimny window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you change your car window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
What to do if the power window fuse on my Suzuki Jimny blows after changing?
Finally, we will now discover what to do if the window lift fuse of your Suzuki Jimny is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to check yourself if you are able to do it, otherwise take your car to your mechanic.
- Take out your door trim
- Verify to discover if your fuse blows when it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your car , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Suzuki Jimny, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t hesitate to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more tutorials on the Suzuki Jimny, go to our Suzuki Jimny category.