Modern vehicles are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well undergo the cons. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Subaru Crosstrek, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we are going to try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to find the power window fuse on your Subaru Crosstrek. To accomplish this, first, we are going to see in which situations it can be important to change the window fuse of your Subaru Crosstrek, then where the window fuse of your Subaru Crosstrek is.
Why change the power window fuse on your Subaru Crosstrek?
So let’s start our article content on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Subaru Crosstrek by the interest of changing it. You might have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In actual fact, if you have problems with your car window, if it is stuck, or the power window of your Subaru Crosstrek no longer lifts , it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is necessary to know that a fuse operates as a safety device to avoid any overvoltage on your Subaru Crosstrek . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specified tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and examine that the filament is still intact with a simple visual verify. Generally, you will want to change the fuse of the window lifter of an Subaru Crosstrek when the power window no longer functions . If your battery is operating properly, it might be the fuse that is the trigger of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Subaru Crosstrek?
We will now look for the fuse in the power window of your Subaru Crosstrek . It will frequently blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is generally a 30 amp fuse. We will help you find the power window fuse on your Subaru Crosstrek .
Placement of the power window fuse of your Subaru Crosstrek
We will first focus on the power window fuse on your Subaru Crosstrek. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the manual of your Subaru Crosstrek.
- Read the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the window fuse on your Subaru Crosstrek , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Take out the fuse in question cautiously with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise you will have to examine the state of your Subaru Crosstrek window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you change your car window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to proceed if the power window fuse on my Subaru Crosstrek blows after changing?
Finally, we will now see how to proceed if the window lift fuse of your Subaru Crosstrek is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to verify yourself if you are capable to do it, otherwise take your vehicle to your garage area.
- Take out your door trim
- Verify to see if your fuse blows when it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Subaru Crosstrek, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t think twice to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you have any additional questions about the Subaru Crosstrek, do not hesitate to consult our Subaru Crosstrek category.