Modern vehicles are more and more pre-loaded with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also go through the disadvantages. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Seat Ateca, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we are going to try to help you to solve your fuse complications and specifically to locate the power window fuse on your Seat Ateca. To get this done, first, we are going to find out in which scenarios it can be important to replace the window fuse of your Seat Ateca, then where the window fuse of your Seat Ateca is.
Why replace the power window fuse on your Seat Ateca?
So let’s start our content on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Seat Ateca by the significance of changing it. You may possibly have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In fact, if you have complications with your car window, whether it is blocked, or the power window of your Seat Ateca no longer lifts , it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is necessary to know that a fuse operates as a safety device to avoid any overvoltage on your Seat Ateca . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and examine that the filament is still intact with a simple visual verify. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the fuse of the window lifter of an Seat Ateca when the power window no longer functions . If your battery is functioning properly, it might be the fuse that is the cause of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Seat Ateca?
We will now try to find the fuse in the power window of your Seat Ateca . It will very often blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is generally a 30 amp fuse. We will help you discover the power window fuse on your Seat Ateca .
Position of the power window fuse of your Seat Ateca
We will first focus on the power window fuse on your Seat Ateca. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the manual of your Seat Ateca.
- Browse the manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the window fuse on your Seat Ateca , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Remove the fuse in question attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse, in any other case you will have to check the state of your Seat Ateca window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you replace your car window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to handle it if the power window fuse on my Seat Ateca blows after changing?
Finally, we will now find out how to proceed if the window lift fuse of your Seat Ateca is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to verify yourself if you are capable to do it, in any other case take your car to your garage area.
- Remove your door trim
- Check to find out if your fuse blows when it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Seat Ateca, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t hesitate to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To discover more tips on the Seat Ateca, take a look at the Seat Ateca category.