Modern cars are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we however also undergo the cons. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Renault Koleos, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we are going to try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to find the power window fuse on your Renault Koleos. To achieve this, first, we are going to discover in which situations it can be relevant to replace the window fuse of your Renault Koleos, then where the window fuse of your Renault Koleos is.
Why replace the power window fuse on your Renault Koleos?
So let’s start our article content on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Renault Koleos by the interest of changing it. You may possibly have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if you have problems with your car window, whether it is blocked, or the power window of your Renault Koleos no longer lifts , it is strongly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is important to know that a fuse works as a security device to avoid any overvoltage on your Renault Koleos . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual verify. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the fuse of the window lifter of an Renault Koleos when the power window no longer works . If your battery is working effectively, it might be the fuse that is the trigger of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Renault Koleos?
We will now try to find the fuse in the power window of your Renault Koleos . It will often blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is in general a 30 amp fuse. We will help you find the power window fuse on your Renault Koleos .
Location of the power window fuse of your Renault Koleos
We will first focus on the power window fuse on your Renault Koleos. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the manual of your Renault Koleos.
- Read the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the window fuse on your Renault Koleos , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Remove the fuse in question cautiously with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise you will have to examine the state of your Renault Koleos window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you replace your car window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to handle it if the power window fuse on my Renault Koleos blows after changing?
At last, we will now discover how to proceed if the window lift fuse of your Renault Koleos is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to verify yourself if you are capable to do it, otherwise take your car to your garage.
- Remove your door trim
- Verify to discover if your fuse blows when it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your car , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Renault Koleos, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you wish more guides on the Renault Koleos, go to our Renault Koleos category.