Modern vehicles are more and more built with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably also undergo the disadvantages. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Peugeot 309, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we are going to try to help you to solve your fuse complications and specifically to locate the power window fuse on your Peugeot 309. To achieve this, first, we are going to discover in which scenarios it can be important to change the window fuse of your Peugeot 309, then where the window fuse of your Peugeot 309 is.
Why change the power window fuse on your Peugeot 309?
So let’s begin our guideline on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Peugeot 309 by the interest of changing it. You may possibly have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if you have complications with your motor vehicle window, whether it is blocked, or the power window of your Peugeot 309 no longer lifts , it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is essential to know that a fuse acts as a safety device to avoid any overvoltage on your Peugeot 309 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specified tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and examine that the filament is still intact with a basic visual verify. In general, you will want to change the fuse of the window lifter of an Peugeot 309 when the power window no longer works . If your battery is working effectively, it might be the fuse that is the cause of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Peugeot 309?
We will now try to find the fuse in the power window of your Peugeot 309 . It will often blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is generally a 30 amp fuse. We will help you discover the power window fuse on your Peugeot 309 .
Position of the power window fuse of your Peugeot 309
We will first concentrate on the power window fuse on your Peugeot 309. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t discover it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the manual of your Peugeot 309.
- Browse the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the window fuse on your Peugeot 309 , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Remove the fuse in question carefully with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case you will have to examine the state of your Peugeot 309 window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you change your motor vehicle window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to handle it if the power window fuse on my Peugeot 309 blows after changing?
Finally, we will now discover what to do if the window lift fuse of your Peugeot 309 is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to verify yourself if you are capable to do it, in any other case take your vehicle to your mechanic.
- Remove your door trim
- Check to discover if your fuse blows once it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Peugeot 309, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t think twice to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more guides on the Peugeot 309, go to our Peugeot 309 category.