Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately also go through the down sides. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Peugeot 208, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we are going to try to help you to solve your fuse problems and especially to find the power window fuse on your Peugeot 208. To get this done, first, we are going to discover in which scenarios it can be important to change the window fuse of your Peugeot 208, then where the window fuse of your Peugeot 208 is.
Why change the power window fuse on your Peugeot 208?
So let’s start our guideline on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Peugeot 208 by the benefit of changing it. You may possibly have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In fact, if you have problems with your motor vehicle window, if it is blocked, or the power window of your Peugeot 208 no longer lifts , it is strongly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is essential to know that a fuse works as a safety device to avoid any overvoltage on your Peugeot 208 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specified tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual verify. In general, you will want to change the fuse of the window lifter of an Peugeot 208 when the power window no longer works . If your battery is functioning effectively, it might be the fuse that is the cause of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Peugeot 208?
We will now search for the fuse in the power window of your Peugeot 208 . It will frequently blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is in most cases a 30 amp fuse. We will help you find the power window fuse on your Peugeot 208 .
Position of the power window fuse of your Peugeot 208
We will first concentrate on the power window fuse on your Peugeot 208. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t find it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the manual of your Peugeot 208.
- Browse the manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the window fuse on your Peugeot 208 , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Remove the fuse in question cautiously with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse, in any other case you will have to check the state of your Peugeot 208 window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you change your motor vehicle window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to handle it if the power window fuse on my Peugeot 208 blows after changing?
Finally, we will now discover how to handle it if the window lift fuse of your Peugeot 208 is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to verify yourself if you are capable to do it, in any other case take your car to your garage.
- Remove your door trim
- Check to discover if your fuse blows as soon as it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Peugeot 208, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t hesitate to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
To discover more tips on the Peugeot 208, take a look at the Peugeot 208 category.