Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also undergo the disadvantages. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Peugeot 1007, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we are going to try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and specifically to find the power window fuse on your Peugeot 1007. To do this, first, we are going to discover in which scenarios it can be important to change the window fuse of your Peugeot 1007, then where the window fuse of your Peugeot 1007 is.
Why change the power window fuse on your Peugeot 1007?
So let’s start our article content on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Peugeot 1007 by the benefit of changing it. You might have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if you have problems with your motor vehicle window, if it is blocked, or the power window of your Peugeot 1007 no longer lifts , it is strongly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is important to know that a fuse operates as a safety device to avoid any overvoltage on your Peugeot 1007 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual verify. Generally speaking, you will want to change the fuse of the window lifter of an Peugeot 1007 when the power window no longer functions . If your battery is operating properly, it might be the fuse that is the cause of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Peugeot 1007?
We will now look for the fuse in the power window of your Peugeot 1007 . It will frequently blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is in general a 30 amp fuse. We will help you locate the power window fuse on your Peugeot 1007 .
Placement of the power window fuse of your Peugeot 1007
We will first focus on the power window fuse on your Peugeot 1007. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t locate it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the manual of your Peugeot 1007.
- Read the manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the window fuse on your Peugeot 1007 , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Remove the fuse in question carefully with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse, in any other case you will have to check the state of your Peugeot 1007 window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you change your motor vehicle window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to handle it if the power window fuse on my Peugeot 1007 blows after changing?
At last, we will now discover how to proceed if the window lift fuse of your Peugeot 1007 is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to verify yourself if you are able to do it, in any other case take your vehicle to your garage.
- Remove your door trim
- Check to discover if your fuse blows when it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Peugeot 1007, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more guides on the Peugeot 1007, go to our Peugeot 1007 category.