Modern vehicles are more and more built with technology and although this brings us comfort, we sadly as well undergo the cons. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Kia Sportage, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we are going to try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and especially to locate the power window fuse on your Kia Sportage. To do this, first, we are going to discover in which situations it can be important to replace the window fuse of your Kia Sportage, then where the window fuse of your Kia Sportage is.
Why replace the power window fuse on your Kia Sportage?
So let’s begin our article on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Kia Sportage by the significance of changing it. You may possibly have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if you have complications with your car window, whether it is blocked, or the power window of your Kia Sportage no longer lifts , it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is essential to know that a fuse works as a security device to avoid any overvoltage on your Kia Sportage . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specified tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual verify. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the fuse of the window lifter of an Kia Sportage when the power window no longer functions . If your battery is functioning effectively, it might be the fuse that is the trigger of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Kia Sportage?
We will now look for the fuse in the power window of your Kia Sportage . It will often blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is generally a 30 amp fuse. We will help you locate the power window fuse on your Kia Sportage .
Location of the power window fuse of your Kia Sportage
We will first focus on the power window fuse on your Kia Sportage. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the manual of your Kia Sportage.
- Read the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the window fuse on your Kia Sportage , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Remove the fuse in question attentively with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise you will have to examine the state of your Kia Sportage window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you replace your car window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to handle it if the power window fuse on my Kia Sportage blows after changing?
Finally, we will now discover what to do if the window lift fuse of your Kia Sportage is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to verify yourself if you are capable to do it, otherwise take your car to your garage area.
- Remove your door trim
- Check to discover if your fuse blows as soon as it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Kia Sportage, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t hesitate to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To find more tips on the Kia Sportage, take a look at the Kia Sportage category.