Modern vehicles are more and more pre-loaded with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well undergo the cons. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Kia Picanto 3, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we are going to try to help you to solve your fuse complications and specifically to find the power window fuse on your Kia Picanto 3. To get this done, first, we are going to see in which scenarios it can be relevant to change the window fuse of your Kia Picanto 3, then where the window fuse of your Kia Picanto 3 is.
Why change the power window fuse on your Kia Picanto 3?
So let’s begin our article on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Kia Picanto 3 by the significance of changing it. You may possibly have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In actual fact, if you have complications with your car window, if it is blocked, or the power window of your Kia Picanto 3 no longer lifts , it is strongly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is important to know that a fuse operates as a security device to avoid any overvoltage on your Kia Picanto 3 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a particular tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual verify. Generally, you will want to change the fuse of the window lifter of an Kia Picanto 3 when the power window no longer functions . If your battery is operating effectively, it may be the fuse that is the cause of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Kia Picanto 3?
We will now try to find the fuse in the power window of your Kia Picanto 3 . It will often blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is in general a 30 amp fuse. We will help you locate the power window fuse on your Kia Picanto 3 .
Position of the power window fuse of your Kia Picanto 3
We will first focus on the power window fuse on your Kia Picanto 3. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the manual of your Kia Picanto 3.
- Browse the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the window fuse on your Kia Picanto 3 , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Remove the fuse in question cautiously with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case you will have to examine the state of your Kia Picanto 3 window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you change your car window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to handle it if the power window fuse on my Kia Picanto 3 blows after changing?
Finally, we will now see how to handle it if the window lift fuse of your Kia Picanto 3 is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to verify yourself if you are able to do it, in any other case take your vehicle to your garage area.
- Remove your door trim
- Check to see if your fuse blows when it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Kia Picanto 3, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t think twice to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To find more tips on the Kia Picanto 3, take a look at the Kia Picanto 3 category.