Modern cars are more and more pre-loaded with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also go through the down sides. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Jeep Renegade, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we are going to try to help you to solve your fuse complications and specifically to find the power window fuse on your Jeep Renegade. To get this done, first, we are going to see in which scenarios it can be important to change the window fuse of your Jeep Renegade, then where the window fuse of your Jeep Renegade is.
Why change the power window fuse on your Jeep Renegade?
So let’s start our article on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Jeep Renegade by the interest of changing it. You may possibly have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In fact, if you have complications with your motor vehicle window, whether it is blocked, or the power window of your Jeep Renegade no longer lifts , it is firmly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is important to know that a fuse works as a security device to avoid any overvoltage on your Jeep Renegade . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. Generally speaking, you will want to change the fuse of the window lifter of an Jeep Renegade when the power window no longer functions . If your battery is operating effectively, it may be the fuse that is the trigger of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Jeep Renegade?
We will now look for the fuse in the power window of your Jeep Renegade . It will often blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is in most cases a 30 amp fuse. We will help you discover the power window fuse on your Jeep Renegade .
Position of the power window fuse of your Jeep Renegade
We will first concentrate on the power window fuse on your Jeep Renegade. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t discover it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the manual of your Jeep Renegade.
- Read the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the window fuse on your Jeep Renegade , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Remove the fuse in question carefully with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case you will have to examine the state of your Jeep Renegade window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you change your motor vehicle window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
What to do if the power window fuse on my Jeep Renegade blows after changing?
Finally, we will now see how to handle it if the window lift fuse of your Jeep Renegade is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to check yourself if you are capable to do it, in any other case take your car to your garage.
- Remove your door trim
- Check to see if your fuse blows as soon as it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Jeep Renegade, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t think twice to consult our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Jeep Renegade, do not hesitate to consult our Jeep Renegade category.