Modern vehicles are more and more pre-loaded with technology and although this brings us comfort, we however also go through the cons. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Jeep Liberty, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we are going to try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and especially to find the power window fuse on your Jeep Liberty. To achieve this, first, we are going to discover in which situations it can be important to change the window fuse of your Jeep Liberty, then where the window fuse of your Jeep Liberty is.
Why change the power window fuse on your Jeep Liberty?
So let’s begin our content page on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Jeep Liberty by the benefit of changing it. You may possibly have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Obviously, if you have complications with your motor vehicle window, if it is stuck, or the power window of your Jeep Liberty no longer lifts , it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is essential to know that a fuse acts as a security device to avoid any overvoltage on your Jeep Liberty . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a particular tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual verify. Generally, you will want to change the fuse of the window lifter of an Jeep Liberty when the power window no longer works . If your battery is functioning properly, it might be the fuse that is the cause of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Jeep Liberty?
We will now look for the fuse in the power window of your Jeep Liberty . It will often blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is in most cases a 30 amp fuse. We will help you locate the power window fuse on your Jeep Liberty .
Location of the power window fuse of your Jeep Liberty
We will first focus on the power window fuse on your Jeep Liberty. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t locate it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the manual of your Jeep Liberty.
- Read the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the window fuse on your Jeep Liberty , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Remove the fuse in question attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse, in any other case you will have to check the state of your Jeep Liberty window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you change your motor vehicle window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
What to do if the power window fuse on my Jeep Liberty blows after changing?
At last, we will now discover how to handle it if the window lift fuse of your Jeep Liberty is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to verify yourself if you are able to do it, in any other case take your car to your mechanic.
- Remove your door trim
- Check to discover if your fuse blows once it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Jeep Liberty, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To find more tips on the Jeep Liberty, take a look at the Jeep Liberty category.