Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well undergo the cons. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Jaguar F-Pace, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we are going to try to help you to solve your fuse complications and specifically to find the power window fuse on your Jaguar F-Pace. To achieve this, first, we are going to see in which situations it can be important to replace the window fuse of your Jaguar F-Pace, then where the window fuse of your Jaguar F-Pace is.
Why replace the power window fuse on your Jaguar F-Pace?
So let’s start our article content on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Jaguar F-Pace by the benefit of changing it. You may have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if you have complications with your car window, if it is blocked, or the power window of your Jaguar F-Pace no longer lifts , it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is necessary to know that a fuse works as a security device to avoid any overvoltage on your Jaguar F-Pace . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a particular tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and examine that the filament is still intact with a simple visual verify. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the fuse of the window lifter of an Jaguar F-Pace when the power window no longer works . If your battery is operating properly, it may be the fuse that is the cause of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Jaguar F-Pace?
We will now try to find the fuse in the power window of your Jaguar F-Pace . It will very often blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is usually a 30 amp fuse. We will help you find the power window fuse on your Jaguar F-Pace .
Position of the power window fuse of your Jaguar F-Pace
We will first focus on the power window fuse on your Jaguar F-Pace. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the manual of your Jaguar F-Pace.
- Browse the manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the window fuse on your Jaguar F-Pace , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Remove the fuse in question carefully with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise you will have to verify the state of your Jaguar F-Pace window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you replace your car window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to handle it if the power window fuse on my Jaguar F-Pace blows after changing?
Finally, we will now see how to handle it if the window lift fuse of your Jaguar F-Pace is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to verify yourself if you are capable to do it, otherwise take your vehicle to your garage area.
- Remove your door trim
- Verify to see if your fuse blows when it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your car , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Jaguar F-Pace, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t think twice to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you wish more guides on the Jaguar F-Pace, go to our Jaguar F-Pace category.