Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we however also go through the drawbacks. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Honda Civic, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we are going to try to help you to solve your fuse problems and specifically to locate the power window fuse on your Honda Civic. To accomplish this, first, we are going to find out in which scenarios it can be important to change the window fuse of your Honda Civic, then where the window fuse of your Honda Civic is.
Why change the power window fuse on your Honda Civic?
So let’s begin our content on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Honda Civic by the benefit of changing it. You may have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In actual fact, if you have problems with your motor vehicle window, whether it is stuck, or the power window of your Honda Civic no longer lifts , it is strongly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is essential to know that a fuse operates as a security device to avoid any overvoltage on your Honda Civic . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a particular tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and examine that the filament is still intact with a simple visual verify. In general, you will want to change the fuse of the window lifter of an Honda Civic when the power window no longer works . If your battery is working properly, it may be the fuse that is the cause of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Honda Civic?
We will now look for the fuse in the power window of your Honda Civic . It will frequently blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is usually a 30 amp fuse. We will help you find the power window fuse on your Honda Civic .
Location of the power window fuse of your Honda Civic
We will first focus on the power window fuse on your Honda Civic. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t find it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the manual of your Honda Civic.
- Browse the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the window fuse on your Honda Civic , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Take out the fuse in question cautiously with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse, in any other case you will have to examine the state of your Honda Civic window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you change your motor vehicle window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to proceed if the power window fuse on my Honda Civic blows after changing?
At last, we will now find out how to proceed if the window lift fuse of your Honda Civic is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to verify yourself if you are able to do it, in any other case take your vehicle to your mechanic.
- Take out your door trim
- Check to find out if your fuse blows when it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Honda Civic, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t hesitate to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
To discover more tips on the Honda Civic, take a look at the Honda Civic category.