Modern vehicles are more and more built with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably also go through the down sides. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Dodge Durango, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we are going to try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to locate the power window fuse on your Dodge Durango. To get this done, first, we are going to see in which scenarios it can be relevant to change the window fuse of your Dodge Durango, then where the window fuse of your Dodge Durango is.
Why change the power window fuse on your Dodge Durango?
So let’s begin our article on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Dodge Durango by the significance of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In truth, if you have problems with your motor vehicle window, whether it is blocked, or the power window of your Dodge Durango no longer lifts , it is firmly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is essential to know that a fuse works as a safety device to avoid any overvoltage on your Dodge Durango . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and examine that the filament is still intact with a basic visual verify. Generally speaking, you will want to change the fuse of the window lifter of an Dodge Durango when the power window no longer works . If your battery is functioning effectively, it may be the fuse that is the trigger of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Dodge Durango?
We will now try to find the fuse in the power window of your Dodge Durango . It will frequently blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is generally a 30 amp fuse. We will help you locate the power window fuse on your Dodge Durango .
Placement of the power window fuse of your Dodge Durango
We will first focus on the power window fuse on your Dodge Durango. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t locate it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the manual of your Dodge Durango.
- Read the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the window fuse on your Dodge Durango , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Remove the fuse in question attentively with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse, in any other case you will have to verify the state of your Dodge Durango window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you change your motor vehicle window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to proceed if the power window fuse on my Dodge Durango blows after changing?
Finally, we will now see how to proceed if the window lift fuse of your Dodge Durango is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to verify yourself if you are able to do it, in any other case take your car to your mechanic.
- Remove your door trim
- Check to see if your fuse blows once it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Dodge Durango, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t think twice to consult our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more guides on the Dodge Durango, go to our Dodge Durango category.