Modern cars are more and more built with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well suffer the disadvantages. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Dacia Duster, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we are going to try to help you to solve your fuse complications and specifically to find the power window fuse on your Dacia Duster. To get this done, first, we are going to see in which circumstances it can be relevant to change the window fuse of your Dacia Duster, then where the window fuse of your Dacia Duster is.
Why change the power window fuse on your Dacia Duster?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Dacia Duster by the interest of changing it. You may have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if you have complications with your motor vehicle window, whether it is blocked, or the power window of your Dacia Duster no longer lifts , it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is necessary to know that a fuse acts as a security device to avoid any overvoltage on your Dacia Duster . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specified tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. Generally, you will want to change the fuse of the window lifter of an Dacia Duster when the power window no longer functions . If your battery is operating properly, it may be the fuse that is the cause of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Dacia Duster?
We will now look for the fuse in the power window of your Dacia Duster . It will frequently blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is in most cases a 30 amp fuse. We will help you find the power window fuse on your Dacia Duster .
Location of the power window fuse of your Dacia Duster
We will first focus on the power window fuse on your Dacia Duster. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t find it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the manual of your Dacia Duster.
- Browse the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the window fuse on your Dacia Duster , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Take out the fuse in question attentively with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise you will have to check the state of your Dacia Duster window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you change your motor vehicle window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to handle it if the power window fuse on my Dacia Duster blows after changing?
Finally, we will now see how to handle it if the window lift fuse of your Dacia Duster is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to check yourself if you are capable to do it, otherwise take your car to your mechanic.
- Take out your door trim
- Verify to see if your fuse blows when it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Dacia Duster, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t think twice to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Dacia Duster, do not hesitate to consult our Dacia Duster category.