Modern vehicles are more and more pre-loaded with technology and although this brings us comfort, we sadly as well undergo the down sides. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Chevrolet Cobalt, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we are going to try to help you to solve your fuse complications and specifically to find the power window fuse on your Chevrolet Cobalt. To achieve this, first, we are going to find out in which scenarios it can be important to replace the window fuse of your Chevrolet Cobalt, then where the window fuse of your Chevrolet Cobalt is.
Why replace the power window fuse on your Chevrolet Cobalt?
So let’s start our guideline on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Chevrolet Cobalt by the benefit of changing it. You may possibly have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In fact, if you have complications with your motor vehicle window, if it is stuck, or the power window of your Chevrolet Cobalt no longer lifts , it is strongly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is essential to know that a fuse works as a security device to avoid any overvoltage on your Chevrolet Cobalt . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a particular tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual check. In general, you will want to replace the fuse of the window lifter of an Chevrolet Cobalt when the power window no longer functions . If your battery is functioning properly, it may be the fuse that is the cause of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Chevrolet Cobalt?
We will now search for the fuse in the power window of your Chevrolet Cobalt . It will often blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is in most cases a 30 amp fuse. We will help you locate the power window fuse on your Chevrolet Cobalt .
Position of the power window fuse of your Chevrolet Cobalt
We will first focus on the power window fuse on your Chevrolet Cobalt. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t locate it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the manual of your Chevrolet Cobalt.
- Read the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the window fuse on your Chevrolet Cobalt , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Remove the fuse in question cautiously with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse, in any other case you will have to check the state of your Chevrolet Cobalt window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you replace your motor vehicle window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to proceed if the power window fuse on my Chevrolet Cobalt blows after changing?
At last, we will now find out what to do if the window lift fuse of your Chevrolet Cobalt is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to check yourself if you are capable to do it, in any other case take your vehicle to your mechanic.
- Remove your door trim
- Verify to find out if your fuse blows when it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Chevrolet Cobalt, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t think twice to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more guides on the Chevrolet Cobalt, go to our Chevrolet Cobalt category.