Modern vehicles are more and more pre-loaded with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately also suffer the down sides. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Bmw Serie 3 E93, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we are going to try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and specifically to find the power window fuse on your Bmw Serie 3 E93. To achieve this, first, we are going to find out in which situations it can be important to change the window fuse of your Bmw Serie 3 E93, then where the window fuse of your Bmw Serie 3 E93 is.
Why change the power window fuse on your Bmw Serie 3 E93?
So let’s start our guideline on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Bmw Serie 3 E93 by the significance of changing it. You may have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Obviously, if you have complications with your motor vehicle window, whether it is blocked, or the power window of your Bmw Serie 3 E93 no longer lifts , it is firmly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is necessary to know that a fuse acts as a security device to avoid any overvoltage on your Bmw Serie 3 E93 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a particular tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. Generally, you will want to change the fuse of the window lifter of an Bmw Serie 3 E93 when the power window no longer functions . If your battery is working properly, it may be the fuse that is the cause of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Bmw Serie 3 E93?
We will now look for the fuse in the power window of your Bmw Serie 3 E93 . It will very often blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is in general a 30 amp fuse. We will help you discover the power window fuse on your Bmw Serie 3 E93 .
Location of the power window fuse of your Bmw Serie 3 E93
We will first concentrate on the power window fuse on your Bmw Serie 3 E93. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t discover it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the manual of your Bmw Serie 3 E93.
- Read the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the window fuse on your Bmw Serie 3 E93 , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Take out the fuse in question carefully with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is defective, change it with a new fuse, in any other case you will have to verify the state of your Bmw Serie 3 E93 window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you change your motor vehicle window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
What to do if the power window fuse on my Bmw Serie 3 E93 blows after changing?
Finally, we will now find out what to do if the window lift fuse of your Bmw Serie 3 E93 is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to check yourself if you are capable to do it, in any other case take your car to your garage area.
- Take out your door trim
- Check to find out if your fuse blows as soon as it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Bmw Serie 3 E93, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t think twice to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more tutorials on the Bmw Serie 3 E93, go to our Bmw Serie 3 E93 category.