Modern cars are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we sadly as well go through the disadvantages. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our BMW 7 Series, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we are going to try to help you to solve your fuse complications and specifically to find the power window fuse on your BMW 7 Series. To achieve this, first, we are going to find out in which situations it can be important to replace the window fuse of your BMW 7 Series, then where the window fuse of your BMW 7 Series is.
Why replace the power window fuse on your BMW 7 Series?
So let’s start our guideline on the location of the window lifter fuse of your BMW 7 Series by the interest of changing it. You might have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if you have complications with your motor vehicle window, if it is blocked, or the power window of your BMW 7 Series no longer lifts , it is firmly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is necessary to know that a fuse operates as a security device to avoid any overvoltage on your BMW 7 Series . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specified tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the fuse of the window lifter of an BMW 7 Series when the power window no longer works . If your battery is working effectively, it may be the fuse that is the cause of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on BMW 7 Series?
We will now look for the fuse in the power window of your BMW 7 Series . It will often blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is usually a 30 amp fuse. We will help you locate the power window fuse on your BMW 7 Series .
Position of the power window fuse of your BMW 7 Series
We will first focus on the power window fuse on your BMW 7 Series. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t locate it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the manual of your BMW 7 Series.
- Browse the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the window fuse on your BMW 7 Series , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Remove the fuse in question attentively with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse, otherwise you will have to examine the state of your BMW 7 Series window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you replace your motor vehicle window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
What to do if the power window fuse on my BMW 7 Series blows after changing?
Finally, we will now find out how to proceed if the window lift fuse of your BMW 7 Series is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to check yourself if you are capable to do it, otherwise take your car to your garage.
- Remove your door trim
- Verify to find out if your fuse blows when it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on BMW 7 Series, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t think twice to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more guides on the BMW 7 Series, go to our BMW 7 Series category.