Modern vehicles are more and more pre-loaded with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we sadly as well undergo the disadvantages. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Audi Tt, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we are going to try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to locate the power window fuse on your Audi Tt. To do this, first, we are going to discover in which circumstances it can be important to replace the window fuse of your Audi Tt, then where the window fuse of your Audi Tt is.
Why replace the power window fuse on your Audi Tt?
So let’s begin our content page on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Audi Tt by the benefit of changing it. You might have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In fact, if you have problems with your car window, if it is blocked, or the power window of your Audi Tt no longer lifts , it is strongly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is essential to know that a fuse operates as a security device to avoid any overvoltage on your Audi Tt . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a particular tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and examine that the filament is still intact with a simple visual verify. In general, you will want to replace the fuse of the window lifter of an Audi Tt when the power window no longer works . If your battery is functioning properly, it might be the fuse that is the cause of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Audi Tt?
We will now look for the fuse in the power window of your Audi Tt . It will often blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is generally a 30 amp fuse. We will help you locate the power window fuse on your Audi Tt .
Position of the power window fuse of your Audi Tt
We will first concentrate on the power window fuse on your Audi Tt. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the manual of your Audi Tt.
- Read the manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the window fuse on your Audi Tt , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Remove the fuse in question carefully with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse, otherwise you will have to verify the state of your Audi Tt window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you replace your car window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
What to do if the power window fuse on my Audi Tt blows after changing?
Finally, we will now discover how to handle it if the window lift fuse of your Audi Tt is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to verify yourself if you are able to do it, otherwise take your vehicle to your garage area.
- Remove your door trim
- Verify to discover if your fuse blows as soon as it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your car , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Audi Tt, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To get more tips on the Audi Tt, take a look at the Audi Tt category.