Modern cars are more and more built with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well undergo the drawbacks. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Audi S4, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we are going to try to help you to fix your fuse problems and specifically to find the power window fuse on your Audi S4. To achieve this, first, we are going to find out in which situations it can be important to replace the window fuse of your Audi S4, then where the window fuse of your Audi S4 is.
Why replace the power window fuse on your Audi S4?
So let’s begin our article on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Audi S4 by the benefit of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if you have problems with your car window, whether it is stuck, or the power window of your Audi S4 no longer lifts , it is firmly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is important to know that a fuse operates as a safety device to avoid any overvoltage on your Audi S4 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and check that the filament is still intact with a basic visual verify. In general, you will want to replace the fuse of the window lifter of an Audi S4 when the power window no longer works . If your battery is working properly, it might be the fuse that is the trigger of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Audi S4?
We will now search for the fuse in the power window of your Audi S4 . It will frequently blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is in most cases a 30 amp fuse. We will help you find the power window fuse on your Audi S4 .
Location of the power window fuse of your Audi S4
We will first focus on the power window fuse on your Audi S4. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the manual of your Audi S4.
- Browse the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the window fuse on your Audi S4 , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Remove the fuse in question carefully with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise you will have to verify the state of your Audi S4 window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you replace your car window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to handle it if the power window fuse on my Audi S4 blows after changing?
At last, we will now find out how to proceed if the window lift fuse of your Audi S4 is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to verify yourself if you are able to do it, otherwise take your car to your garage area.
- Remove your door trim
- Check to find out if your fuse blows as soon as it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Audi S4, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t think twice to consult our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Audi S4, do not hesitate to consult our Audi S4 category.