Modern cars are progressively more equipped with technology and although this gives us comfort, we unfortunately also go through the down sides. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Volkswagen Transporter, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and especially to discover the fuse of the parking lights on your Volkswagen Transporter. To get this done, first, we will find out in which scenarios it can be important to replace the fuse of the parking lights of your Volkswagen Transporter, then where is the fuse of the parking lights of your Volkswagen Transporter .
Why replace the parking light fuse on Volkswagen Transporter?
So let’s begin our article on the location of the parking light fuse of your Volkswagen Transporter by the benefit of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car’s night lights, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is essential to know that a fuse works as a safety system to prevent overvoltage on your Volkswagen Transporter . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and examine that the filament is still undamaged with a very easy visual verify. Generally, one will want to replace the fuse of the parking lights of a Volkswagen Transporter when they don’t operate anymore without cause . If your battery is working correctly, it might be the fuse that is causing your problem.
Where is the fuse for the parking lights on Volkswagen Transporter?
We will now look for the fuse for the parking-lights in your Volkswagen Transporter. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that regulates the proper operation of your parking lights. We will take it in turns to help you to discover the fuse for the parking lights of your Volkswagen Transporter .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the parking lights of your Volkswagen Transporter
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your Volkswagen Transporter’s parking lights. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact position thanks to the guidebook of your Volkswagen Transporter.
- Go through the instruction on the cover of the fuse box to discover the parking light fuse of your Volkswagen Transporter , it should be mentioned under the name “parking lights” .
- Take out the fuse attentively with pliers and verify the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last section of this article and verify the power supply to your parking lights. As a last solution, you can take your car to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you replace your car’s parking-light fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the parking-light fuse of your Volkswagen Transporter
Finally, we will now look at how to verify the status of your car’s parking-light relay. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Volkswagen Transporter, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the position of the parking light relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to discover the fuse of the night lights of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Volkswagen Transporter, or the car radio fuse, do not think twice to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more guides on the Volkswagen Transporter, go to our Volkswagen Transporter category.