Modern cars are more and more designed with technology and although this provides us comfort, we however also go through the down sides. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Volkswagen Fox, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to locate the fuse of the parking lights on your Volkswagen Fox. To do this, first, we will find out in which circumstances it can be relevant to replace the fuse of the parking lights of your Volkswagen Fox, then where is the fuse of the parking lights of your Volkswagen Fox .
Why replace the parking light fuse on Volkswagen Fox?
So let’s start our article content on the location of the parking light fuse of your Volkswagen Fox by the benefit of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car’s night lights, it is extremely possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is necessary to know that a fuse acts as a safety unit to prevent overvoltage on your Volkswagen Fox . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and confirm that the filament is still undamaged with a simple visual check. Generally, one will want to replace the fuse of the parking lights of a Volkswagen Fox when they don’t work anymore without explanation . If your battery is working effectively, it might be the fuse that is producing your issue.
Where is the fuse for the parking lights on Volkswagen Fox?
We will now look for the fuse for the parking-lights in your Volkswagen Fox. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that manages the proper procedure of your parking lights. We will take it in turns to help you to locate the fuse for the parking lights of your Volkswagen Fox .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the parking lights of your Volkswagen Fox
We will first concentrate on the inner fuse of your Volkswagen Fox’s parking lights. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t locate it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the guidebook of your Volkswagen Fox.
- Go through the manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the parking light fuse of your Volkswagen Fox , it should be mentioned under the name “parking lights” .
- Take out the fuse cautiously with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last part of this article content and check the power supply to your parking lights. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the trigger of your issue.
- After you replace your car’s parking-light fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the parking-light fuse of your Volkswagen Fox
Finally, we will now check out how to check the status of your car’s parking-light relay. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Volkswagen Fox, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the location of the parking light relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to locate the fuse of the night lights of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Volkswagen Fox, or the car radio fuse, do not think twice to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
To get more tips on the Volkswagen Fox, take a look at the Volkswagen Fox category.