Modern cars are progressively more designed with technology and although this gives us comfort, we however also suffer the down sides. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Volkswagen Beetle, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse complications and especially to locate the fuse of the parking lights on your Volkswagen Beetle. To get this done, first, we will find out in which scenarios it can be important to replace the fuse of the parking lights of your Volkswagen Beetle, then where is the fuse of the parking lights of your Volkswagen Beetle .
Why replace the parking light fuse on Volkswagen Beetle?
So let’s begin our content on the location of the parking light fuse of your Volkswagen Beetle by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car’s night lights, it is very possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is essential to know that a fuse works as a safety unit to prevent overvoltage on your Volkswagen Beetle . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and confirm that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. In general, one will want to replace the fuse of the parking lights of a Volkswagen Beetle when they don’t function anymore without cause . If your battery is working correctly, it might be the fuse that is leading to your issue.
Where is the fuse for the parking lights on Volkswagen Beetle?
We will now look for the fuse for the parking-lights in your Volkswagen Beetle. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that manages the proper process of your parking lights. We will take it in turns to help you to locate the fuse for the parking lights of your Volkswagen Beetle .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the parking lights of your Volkswagen Beetle
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your Volkswagen Beetle’s parking lights. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact position thanks to the instructions of your Volkswagen Beetle.
- Read the manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the parking light fuse of your Volkswagen Beetle , it should be noted under the name “parking lights” .
- Remove the fuse carefully with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is defective, change it with a new fuse, otherwise go to the last part of this content and check the power supply to your parking lights. As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your auto technician so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your issue.
- After you replace your car’s parking-light fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the parking-light fuse of your Volkswagen Beetle
Finally, we will now look at how to check the status of your car’s parking-light relay. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Volkswagen Beetle, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the position of the parking light relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to locate the fuse of the night lights of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Volkswagen Beetle, or the car radio fuse, do not think twice to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
To find more tips on the Volkswagen Beetle, take a look at the Volkswagen Beetle category.