Modern cars are progressively more furnished with technology and although this gives us comfort, we unfortunately also undergo the down sides. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Renault Megane 3, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and especially to discover the fuse of the parking lights on your Renault Megane 3. To achieve this, first, we will find out in which scenarios it can be important to change the fuse of the parking lights of your Renault Megane 3, then where is the fuse of the parking lights of your Renault Megane 3 .
Why change the parking light fuse on Renault Megane 3?
So let’s begin our guideline on the location of the parking light fuse of your Renault Megane 3 by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car’s night lights, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is essential to know that a fuse works as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Renault Megane 3 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual verify. Generally, one will want to change the fuse of the parking lights of a Renault Megane 3 when they don’t work anymore without cause . If your battery is functioning correctly, it may be the fuse that is leading to your issue.
Where is the fuse for the parking lights on Renault Megane 3?
We will now search for the fuse for the parking-lights in your Renault Megane 3. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the proper process of your parking lights. We will take it in turns to help you to discover the fuse for the parking lights of your Renault Megane 3 .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the parking lights of your Renault Megane 3
We will first concentrate on the inner fuse of your Renault Megane 3’s parking lights. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the instruction manual of your Renault Megane 3.
- Browse the instruction on the cover of the fuse box to discover the parking light fuse of your Renault Megane 3 , it should be mentioned under the name “parking lights” .
- Remove the fuse carefully with pliers and verify the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last section of this guideline and verify the power supply to your parking lights. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your auto technician so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your issue.
- After you change your car’s parking-light fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the parking-light fuse of your Renault Megane 3
Finally, we will now look at how to verify the status of your car’s parking-light relay. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Renault Megane 3, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the location of the parking light relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to discover the fuse of the night lights of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Renault Megane 3, or the car radio fuse, do not hesitate to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more tutorials on the Renault Megane 3, go to our Renault Megane 3 category.